"I am Enough" by EMMA

Tuesday 20 June 2017

"I am Enough" by EMMA



Hello, how are you all doing? how is life for you? It has been a long time since I last wrote a blog and I do apologize for that dear readers! I may have lacked inspiration or simply life got too complicated! You know how that is like right? Anyway, I want you the person reading this now to carefully engrave my words to your heart and soul and keep reminding yourself every day that "you" is all "you" will ever need in this life.

Each one of us has his own life, his own circumstances, his own feelings and his own way of dealing with everything! Do you know who is the person that understands you the most? The person who can comfort you and help you through it all? It's "You". Yes!!! You read the correctly! No, I am not being sarcastic dear! Don't underestimate yourself! Don't put yourself down! Give more credit to yourself! You deserve it believe me! You earned it! You owe it to yourself to do that and more. My point is: Life is short dear, do what you love most! Do what makes "You" happy! Award yourself every once in a while! For example, You can set a schedule and have some "Me" time once a week or according to your best ability.

Don't get me wrong though, we all need a should to cry on, a friend to rely on, to know someone has your back who will be there for you no matter what! Someone who knows what's wrong just by looking at you! Someone who worry and checks up on you! Someone who makes you smile, laugh, love and appreciate yourself more! If you have someone like that close by you are truly blessed, my dear! In times of need or despair! If you reach rock bottom, you have to try to get back on your feet! It's alright, It's okay I promise you! You can do it! As long as your alive there is still hope, there is still light inside! You don't have to get up alone! When you feel like you are drowning in a world of darkness your loved ones will hold your hands and guide you back to the surface where you can reach a better place and finally feel like you can breathe again.

I'd like to share with you a poem I love called "You are enough" by Michelle K.

"You are enough.

Paint it on your mirrors,
on the back of your eyelids,
drown it in your stomach,
sing it in every word you say.
You are never too much.
Eat your food,
sleep eight hours,
walk like you love yourself.
You are enough.
Say it in your sleep,
mantras to carry you through your day.
There is never enough of you.
You are a thirst that is never quenched.
I crave you when you’re away.
I love every piece of you.
But I cannot make you love yourself." 

Sincerely,
Emma.

2 comments :

  1. This was extremely needed, baby
    Thank you so much for sharing it.
    And I'm in love with this poem ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you feel this way! ❤
      You are very welcome dear! I am glad I wrote it too!
      Isn't it just beautiful? I really love all poems by Michelle K.

      Delete